-
November 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
#381
Inactive Member
Miguel, how do I watch an OGM file?
-
November 26th, 2004, 05:31 PM
#382
Senior Hostboard Member
I'm not Miguel, but you can watch it in BS Player
-
November 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
#383
Senior Hostboard Member
Here1s the key Xel! ::LINK::
Get BS player and these.
-
November 28th, 2004, 11:07 PM
#384
HB Forum Owner
IRT Dreamer: Wiser, in a month or two, my PC decides to restart by itself, and when I came back to windows, all of my recently visited webpages are gone from Mozilla, it's like when I deleted the visited pages in IE. This is the way Mozilla do this, or what's wrong? It's not disturbing ata all, only when i'm playing or dloading.
It might happen because of a bug in some driver, especially if it happens when you're gaming, but it's likely to be a rare heat issue (i.e. it's cool enough, but in the limit, and every now and then it overheats and the processor shuts down, and the restart process cools it). You can lose the visited pages if Mozilla is open (especially if doing something with the cache); it's because the indexes it needs to write aren't written and end up being inconsistent, so Mozilla decides to redo the Internet cache. It's not a big problem if it happens every month or two, but you might want to fix it.
Try the following:
- When it restarts, see if it's hotter than usual near the processor
- Tell me more of what are you doing when it happens, what applications are you using, how long have you been using the computer for before that happened, where is the computer, and if you have a program to see the processor temperature, what's it's like right now, and after reboot next time it happens.
?????
IRT Xellos: Miguel, how do I watch an OGM file?
Dreamer posted the right link to everything you need to download and to know [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Once installed, OGM is a standard video format which can be played with about anything. You can also use Media Player Classic with its native splitter, which depending on the codecs you have, plays it even if you can't in other players.
Remember OGM (OGG Media) has support for subtitles and different audio channels (like DVD), which may or may not be present in your .OGM files, and is played best with Media Player Classic.
-
November 29th, 2004, 01:48 AM
#385
Inactive Member
-
November 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM
#386
Senior Hostboard Member
-
December 1st, 2004, 12:40 PM
#387
Senior Hostboard Member
Wiseman, another problem came up. I use Winamp 5.03c for my main media player with a modern skin. I listen to a lot of music, it's the part of my life. But after a time, few months, when I play music and open mozilla, a folder, or access whatever program (Word, Excel etc.) the music starts to jam. Jam real badly! And often jam's a little bit in every five seconds. This problem accours imo when the PC got overused or something, because a few weeks after this happens, we have to reinstall windows, because it get's crappy. (Windows XP pro) I can play my music fine with Windows Media Player (the one that's in windows basically) without jamming or anything. Any solution for this problem?
Some other problems happened last day, before my music started jamming. Limewire was running, then it suddenly said a problem occured, and it will shut down. (the simple problem window) I uninstalled it. After a few minutes, my PC decided to restart itself again, and after I got in again, it said that the system was restored after a serious problem. And also, Mozilla deleted the recently visited pages. I checked the CPU's tempreture, it was a bit warm, but not hot or anything, like a bit warmer then usual, the PC was running for 5 hours I guess when this happened.
I turn the PC on every morning for a half hour/hour, then after school, it runs from 2-3pm till 11-12pm every day. Except weekends, then a couple hours more.
Do you know what can be wrong?
Edit: Windows Media Player jams too when I open M$ Word. (the first time I open it, I opened it again and no jamming, i'm getting conmfused...) Only that, no jamming when I open folders or Mozilla.
This happens with every program I open, first time I open them, music jams, next time I open the same program, it's not jamming.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 01, 2004 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>
-
December 1st, 2004, 01:47 PM
#388
HB Forum Owner
Sounds like a heavy CPU speed problem (really low CPU availability for a simple task like music, restarts, and possible glitches). It may be due to malware or the CPU overheating (the later is more likely).
Do the following:
- Remember the screenshoot of the Processes tab in the Task Manager you took a few weeks ago? Take another while the music is stuttering. Use Alt+Print Screen to capture the active Task Manager window alone.
- Are your computer fans making the same noise as always? Or it's different to what they used to do when you got it?
- Check for spyware/virus with updated patterns and every anti-spyware/virus tool you have.
- Try leaving your computer open and see if it's any better.
You might need to do some maintenance to your fans and heatsinks. There are guides in the Net for this. I'll find one if it's deemed necessary after you take these steps.
-
December 1st, 2004, 02:01 PM
#389
Senior Hostboard Member
I checked the first two things. When the music shutters, Winamp's usage jumps to 30-40 from 3-6, and Mozilla jumps up too to 50-60, such as word, and for a few seconds my CPU usage is on 90-100%.
The cooling is alright, all previous broke, we changed it to another, it works fine.
I'll check Spyware/Virus.
-
December 1st, 2004, 02:23 PM
#390
HB Forum Owner
It looks like an overheating problem. Much less likely, it could be a severe problem in the OS kernel or a CPU malfunction.
When the CPU overheats, it may decide to drastically reduce its speed for a while.
Try leaving your computer open and see if it's any better.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks